The HiTie™ was developed to provide a more comfortable and safe alternative to trailer tying and portable corrals. The HiTie™ gives horses free movement and access to an area equivalent of a 13 foot diameter round pen. This safe, controlled movement gives horses the ability to graze, eat, drink, roll and lie down while tied.
HiTie System Package includes: HiTie arm, mounting hardware with instructions, and one D-Ring Pin and Safety Clip. Accessories sold separately.
How It Works
The HiTie™ is a flexible arm that attaches to the side of a horse trailer or building. After installation the HiTie™ provides a flexible, secure tie location 4 feet frorn the trailer or building. The HiTie™ provides safety and freedom in five ways
1. The horse is now four feet from the trailer and has approximately 135 square feet of usable space.
2. The flexible fiberglass rod moves with the horse and allows additional movement when stressed.
3. The adjustable bungee tether (sold separately) allows the horse to be tied 24 inches above the ground while providing access to food and water. The bungee tether can be stretched from 5 feet to 9 feet This important feature of the HiTie™ system keeps the tether out of the horse's way when rolling, eating or resting.
4. The HiTie™ system is designed to eliminate rattles or noises caused by a moving horse.
This is a very important feature for people using the HiTie™ system on a trailer with living quarters. The constant metal on metal rattling action of other units allows for little sleep.
5. The HiTie™ stores flat against your horse trailer while traveling. There is no need to remove the HiTie™ arm ... ever. It's as simple as removing the locking pin, rotating the arm and then replacing the pin. The new mounting bracket allows the HiTie™ arm to store left right up or down.
HiTie™ Trailer Tie System Frequently Asked Questions
Q Why is the HiTie™ better?
A The HiTie™ was developed as a secure system to tie your horse while also allowing him the comfort of being able to move more freely and lie down. Its lightweight flexible arm and bungee tether give with the horse’s movements to help create comfort and to prevent panic. With the anti-vibration/locking washer, this system is virtually silent when a horse is attached.
Q How heavy is the HiTie™ system?
AThe entire system (including bungee and runner) weighs approximately 17 lb.
Q Can it be used on both sides of the trailer?
A Yes it can. Just keep in mind obstructions on the trailer such as ladders, toolboxes or windows that might prevent the arm from being rotated for travel. Many of these obstructions can be avoided if you choose the vertical swing setup.
Q Is the fiberglass arm strong enough for my horse?
AYes. The fiberglass rod is the same material used to moor large boats up to 72,000 lb.
Q How long is the HiTie™ arm?
A The HiTie™ arm is 48” long. Along with the bungee tether, the system allows approximately 135 square feet for the horse to move around.
Q Where do I take it to get installed?
A The HiTie™ is easy to install and can be done by anyone handy with a drill and a socket set. The system comes with complete easy-to-read instructions for installation.
Q Does the arm have to be removed for travel?
A No. After rotating the arm against the trailer, make sure you tighten the anti-vibration/locking washer securely before travel. This will prevent the arm from rattling or vibrating enough to hit your trailer.
No posts found