WHAT ARE THE BEST OPERATING CONDITIONS?
Halotherapy works best in humidity under 70%. We also recommend you prepare your salt for the day or week, or even per session by warming the salt in a low heat “crockpot.”
HOW DO I CLEAN MY MACHINE?
Cleaning the machine is easy! Simply slide a few parts out, brush and dust any salt off the machine.
DO YOU OFFER TRAINING?
There is no official certification for salt therapy. However, we are available for video, phone, and text training and support as needed. We want you to be successful and help our equine friends.
UL CERTIFICATION (Underwriters Laboratories): The Equine Salt machines are the ONLY UL CERTIFIED in the business.
HOW EXACTLY DOES SALT THERAPY WORK?
Salt is a natural mineral that is known for its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Salt is very absorbent so as a horse breathes in the micro-fine aerosol mist of dry salt, the dry salt immediately begins to penetrate deep into the lungs. Here it begins absorbing and thinning mucus, killing allergens and bad bacteria, reducing inflammation and opening constricted airways. The process improves both breathing and oxygen utilisation, thus improving cardio vascular health.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF SALT THERAPY?
- Thins and helps clear mucus – salt is a natural decongestant
- Prevents mucus issues on competition day
- Prevents and reduces the likelihood of bacterial infections of the lungs – travel sickness, unclean barns and hay
- Kills bacteria, soothes and improve overall respiratory health
- Increases stamina from better cardio vascular efficiency
- Reduces recovery time
- Improves ability to hydrate
- Helps heal and minimize bleeding related to EIPH
- IAD – Inflammatory Airway Disease
- LAD – Lower Airway Disease
- AAD – Allergic Airway Disease
- RAO – Recurrent Airway Obstruction, COPD aka Heaves
- Sinusitis and environmental allergies
- Helps treat skin conditions such as dermatitis, boils, ringworm, mud fever, sweet itch, skin rashes, summer sores and warts.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD TREATMENTS BE GIVEN?
There are different theories but we have found the following to be effective:
- Using salt therapy a few times a week can keep your horse healthy by preventing respiratory infection and keeping the lungs in optimal shape.
- For horses with mucus or bleeding, daily treatment until the issue clears. 25min per treatment.
- It is beneficial to treat every few days leading up to a race or event.
We encourage you to do more research on this exciting therapy - there is so much to learn! If you have any questions, please do get in touch. :)